CANINE TRAINER POSITION
About the role
Newcastle Pet Resort (NPR) is a leader in Dog Boarding, Doggy Daycare and Dog Training in the Hunter Region NSW
We are currently recruiting for a permanent / casual Balanced Canine Trainer to join the team at NPR. The successful applicant should be confident, polite and has good dog training skills. Will be responsible for the delivery of various group training classes for clients and their pets and providing individual social / behavioural / obedience training for specific clients and their animals.
Role duties & responsibilities
- enhance the reputation of NPR as the preferred provider of animal social / behaviour/ obedience training by assisting with the delivery of animal training classes, to meet the needs of the owner and their pet
- contribute to building the NPR reputation in delivering best practice training programs, through the effective delivery of general and specific behavioural and training advice based on up-to-date, balance reinforcement based techniques
- contribute to the continual improvement and development of the dog training syllabus through review and feedback to the Head Canine Trainer
- ensure the values and direction of NPR are met by effectively consulting and communicating with NPR co-workers and management, along with being actively involved in maintaining a safe workplace.
Skills & experience required
- sound dog training skills and experience with a variety of ages and class types
- experience and a passion for balanced reinforcement training techniques
- ability to work confidently in a team environment and autonomously as required
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to engage with a variety of different people
- strong organisation, time management and problem solving skills
- proven ability to consistently achieve quality results
Please do not reply to this advert if you do not have a dog training qualification. We would prefer a trainer that has completed the National Dog Training Federation course or is on their way to completing the course.
Please email your CV with your full qualifications and experience to: