In light of recent Government announcements, please see the below information. At this time, no pet related business are impacted by these changes.
The following facilities will be restricted from opening from midday local time 23 March 2020
- Pubs, registered and licenced clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
- Gyms and indoor sporting venues
- Cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos and night clubs
- Restaurants and cafes will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
- Religious gatherings, places of worship or funerals (in enclosed spaces and other than very small groups and where the 1 person per 4 square metre rule applies).
Other facilities are not impacted, but will be considered under stage 2 restrictions if necessary.
These measures also apply to outdoor spaces associated with the above venues.
Organisations, workplaces and employers
All people should
- practice good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene
- stay home if they have travelled overseas in the last 14 days, are unwell, or have been in contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19.
Organisations and employers who are responsible for a workplace or venue should start to take actions now to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
This includes any venue, such as a school, university, office building or any workplace.
- Consider whether activities/events can be postponed, reduced in size/frequency or cancelled.
- Cancel non-essential activities such as business travel, study visits, extra-curricular activities and sporting events.
- Encourage flexible working arrangements including working from home and off-peak travel, and consider whether staff workstations can be more widely spaced.
- Ensure adequate hand washing facilities and soap are available.
- Provide and promote hand sanitisers at building entrances.
- Ensure high standards of routine environmental cleaning. Standard cleaning products are fine.
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces regularly, including desks and keyboards.
- Open windows, enhance airflow, adjust the airconditioning.
- Encourage preventive actions including personal hygiene (handwashing, reducing face contact, cough etiquette), physical distancing and taking time off when unwell.
- Avoid large indoor meetings and lunchrooms and use outdoor venues, if possible.
- Plan for increased levels of staff absences.
- Plan for what to do if staff arrive sick at work.
Please keep in touch with updates via your State Government website.
Stay informed via health.gov.au