Our Pet First Aid courses are designed for a caring Pet Owner, Walkers & Pet Minders, Pet Boarders, Pet Groomers and anyone who is simply interested in learning about Pet Health & Pet Care.
This course will be presented by Dr Michael Kidd. Michael is a fully qualified Veterinarian and proud owner of Hurlstone Park Veterinary Hospital in Sydney. On days off he is usually involved in
the teaching and workplace assessment of student veterinary nurses in the Sydney metropolitan area. Michael has years of presentation experience, speaking at many conferences and roadshows for the
Australian Veterinary Association!
This course will include both practical and theory components.
Topics to be covered throughout the day include:
• Control of bleeding • Maintaining airways
• Performing CPR • Recognising vital signs - RR, HR, MM, CRT, etc
• Signs of shock • Handling distressed animals
• Fight wounds • Accidental ingestation of drugs, alcohol, etc
• Heat stress • Various chemical poisonings
• Tick poisonings • Snake bites
• Cane toad poisoning (QLD only) • Trauma/ Hit by a car
• Hypothermia • Various “do’s” & “don’ts”
View registration and information page here