Why join the Pet Industry Association?Join the Pet Industry Association and benefit your business!
Your voice is important, and as a member of the Association you can help shape the future of our industry. You’ll have access to the expertise of other pet industry professionals, with the opportunity to build and market your business and get great rates on training, events and business deals.
Get practical, cost-effective advice and reduce the cost of doing business through a range of benefits available exclusively to PIAA members. New packages and discounts are regularly made available and we are always looking for new and exciting offers for members.
Build your business
Network with members, refresh your skills or educate and motivate your staff at one of the many Pet Industry Association events, with members-only discounts of up to 30%. Key events include:
- AusPet: Australia’s premier trade event for the pet and aquarium industry
- AusBoard: 3 day annual conference for boarding kennel operators, held during Pet Expo each year
Free business resources
Get instant access to a selection of free resources to help your business run smoothly and give customers information on buying a pet. The members-only section of our website contains:
- business templates, animal health guarantees and pet care leaflets you can download and share with your customers
- access to free and user-pays IR documentation
- a means to make recommendations on PIAA policy initiatives and issues of concern to your business.
Market your business
Each month, PIAA gets hundreds of enquiries from consumers wanting to find a professional pet business. Don’t miss the chance to put your business on consumers’ shopping list!
Ongoing professional development
Complete industry-specific training at up to 30% discount through our online training courses. There are also generous discounts for completing both courses when you book both at the same time. The Animal Industries Resource Centre gives members 5% discount on nationally accredited training courses (Certificate I in Animal Studies, Certificate III in Companion Animal Services and Certificate IV in Animal Services).
Keep up to date
Get regular updates on industry issues and government changes affecting your business. Free with your PIAA membership:
- Fortnightly e-newsletter – key issues affecting your business, updates on lobbying activity and opportunities to have your say on issues.
- Pet Trade Talk Newsletter – quarterly updates on conferences, lobbying, industrial relations, member benefits.
- Pet Industry News Trade Journal – the quarterly publication that is the bible for the pet industry!
- Industry-Specific Workshops – free workshops held in most states throughout the year.