Pet industry jobsEmployment opportunities in the Australian pet industry
Do you have a pet industry position you would like to advertise here? It is a FREE service for Pet Industry Association members!
» Contact us to post a job vacancy
We are looking for a full-time or part time experienced dog groomer/stylist to join our fun and friendly team in our 5-star luxury salon, spa, boutique and daycare. The applicant must fit the following criteria:
- All breed grooming experience 3+ years
•Must be competent with hand scissoring and have a gentle approach when handling our pampered pooches.
•Great communication skills
•Friendly and positive attitude
•Passionate about dogs
•A team player
•Available Mon-Fri and Late-night Thursdays – no weekends
•Bonus Scheme is also available along with an attractive salary
Pooch Avenue is QLD’s first luxury salon and day spa for dogs.
We are located between Brisbane city and the Gold Coast.
Opening in 2009 we have led the way in the industry and provide a luxury grooming environment and a luxury experience to our pooches. We have an organic and holistic approach with our product range and provide luxury services to our clients.
If you would love to join our award-winning team and
If this sounds like you send your resume through today
1300 994 334
check out our facebook and instagram as well.
- Casual position with flexible hours
- Values driven organisation, fun & supportive team environment
- Adelaide Airport precinct location
Beau’s is a state of the art Pet Hotel that offers a safe and loving holiday experience for pets, offering both standard and luxury accommodation for cats and dogs, as well as high quality grooming services. Beau’s is conveniently located in the Adelaide Airport precinct. All profits from Beau’s Pet Hotel are returned to Guide Dogs SA/NT to enhance the lives of people living with disability.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated Groomer to provide consistently high quality dog grooming services to Beau’s growing clientele.
Our Groomers will offer exceptional service and education to customers and develop lasting relationships with a strong focus on developing annual dog grooming management programs. They are also responsible for providing high quality grooming services across a variety of breeds including bathing, drying, nail clipping, ear cleaning, brushing, combing, de-sheds, sanitary trims, scissoring, full clips, parasite control and other ‘a la carte’ grooming services as required.
It is important to us that our Groomers have a minimum of 2 years’ experience and can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. Beau’s is a positive reinforcement environment and our groomers are required to use a reward based methodology.
For a copy of the Position Description, click here.
Please send us your resume and cover letter addressing the requirements of the Position Description to: email@example.com.
A Police Check is required.
Australia’s first ever Pet Department Store is opening its doors in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra.
- Above award wage
- Career Progression
- Brand new luxury location in a FUN team
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Senior Dog Groomer with Australia’s newest iconic brand. I Said Pet sets the new standard for fashion forward dog owners and their pets. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate;
- Minimum 3 years dog grooming experience
- Breed-specific clipping skill-set
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- A desire to deliver customer experience excellence
- Certificate III in Pet Grooming or industry experience equivalent
- Creative Grooming certifications are desirable but not essential
- Passionate about pet grooming
- Enjoys being part of a fun team
- Energetic with a can-do attitude
- A desire to deliver excellence in all they do
We provide excellence in food, Grooming and Fashion. We are looking to expand our current operations and require the right candidate to grow with the business. Our product range is direct from international brand names and designers from around the world.
We work hard to be an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers; ongoing training and development including apprenticeships & traineeships; a competitive salary, a very attractive financial bonus scheme, recognition programs including awards, long service and site based benefits.
So, if you possess a ‘can-do’ attitude, thrive on new challenges, like working in a high performing team within a diverse environment and seek to consistently deliver to the highest quality - we’d like to have you join our team.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD CLICK HERE http://adr.to/anlry
DOGUE is seeking the services of experienced dog groomers across Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra.
To be considered for this role you will have:
Minimum 2 years dog grooming experience
Breed-specific clipping skill-set
Strong interpersonal communication skills
A desire to deliver customer experience excellence
Certificate III in Pet Grooming or industry experience equivalent
Creative Grooming certifications are desirable but not essential
If you think you have the expertise to grow and thrive in this role, we would love to hear from you. Please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ● $38k salary (plus superannuation)
- ● Full-time, permanent position
- ● Company vehicle
- ● Busy, autonomous role
- ● Inner southeast Melbourne location
- ● 8.00am – 4.00 pm (5 days per week roster)
- ● 4 weeks paid annual leave
We are a leading pet care business operating in the inner eastern suburbs of Melbourne. We are growing our services and looking for a relaxed, happy, career animal care professional with proven experience in the pet industry. Candidates with dog training qualification or equivalent will be considered favourably.
Experience with working with dogs is essential as the role requires exercising and socialising clients’ dogs in group (pack) situations in shared public spaces. Having theoretical knowledge of behavioural science is important for safe and effective animal handling. You will mostly be operating unaccompanied closely supported the Operations Manager and Head Trainer and by a team of 12 dog trainers/handlers.
Woofers has a friendly work environment and this role promises a fantastic opportunity for the right person whom has an unrestricted right to work in Australia .
- For more information or to apply please email email@example.com and we will respond with an online application form.
Senior Dog Groomer - Melbourne
- ● Busy, diverse, fun environment
- ● Full time or Contractor role. (Tuesday to Saturday)
- ● Excellent remuneration (relative to experience) $45k+ p/a
- ● Contractor or full time position available
We are a leading pet care business looking for a fun and happy professional with exceptional dog handling and grooming skills that has proven experience in a high end salon.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- ● Extensive salon experience (preferably 5+ yrs)
- ● Experience in working with a small team
- ● Good work history and appropriate referees
- ● Exceptional time management
- ● Attention to detail
- The grooming team have the support of a dedicated in-house team including front of house staff to manage all bookings and marketing.
A friendly work environment and a favourable remuneration package promises a fantastic opportunity for the right person.
All applicants must be able to work in Australia without restriction. For more information or to apply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Western Pet Supplies, based in Prestons (Liverpool – South West Sydney), is a leading wholesaler of pet food and accessories to the pet specialty channel throughout Australia.
We are looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our growing team and manage our online 3PL partners.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- To ensure the optimum planning and satisfaction of customer orders and customer needs in the most efficient way;
- Respond to order & product queries both via email and over the phone;
- Maintain comprehensive and up to date knowledge of product ranges, relevant processes, and policies;
- Professional effective communication with key stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Enhance customer satisfaction by continuously improving the understanding of customer needs.
Required skills and attributes:
- Extensive knowledge of pets and current pet care product;
- A positive “can-do” attitude with a high level of initiative;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively;
- Excellent complaint and conflict handling skills;
- A keen eye for detail; and
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Exposure to online platforms such as Magento will be beneficial, however is not essential.
A permanent full time position is available after three months’ trial.
Please send your resume to email@example.com, attention: Alana Cunneen.
CANINE TRAINER POSITION
About the role
Newcastle Pet Resort (NPR) is a leader in Dog Boarding, Doggy Daycare and Dog Training in the Hunter Region NSW
We are currently recruiting for a permanent / casual Balanced Canine Trainer to join the team at NPR. The successful applicant should be confident, polite and has good dog training skills. Will be responsible for the delivery of various group training classes for clients and their pets and providing individual social / behavioural / obedience training for specific clients and their animals.
Role duties & responsibilities
- enhance the reputation of NPR as the preferred provider of animal social / behaviour/ obedience training by assisting with the delivery of animal training classes, to meet the needs of the owner and their pet
- contribute to building the NPR reputation in delivering best practice training programs, through the effective delivery of general and specific behavioural and training advice based on up-to-date, balance reinforcement based techniques
- contribute to the continual improvement and development of the dog training syllabus through review and feedback to the Head Canine Trainer
- ensure the values and direction of NPR are met by effectively consulting and communicating with NPR co-workers and management, along with being actively involved in maintaining a safe workplace.
Skills & experience required
- sound dog training skills and experience with a variety of ages and class types
- experience and a passion for balanced reinforcement training techniques
- ability to work confidently in a team environment and autonomously as required
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to engage with a variety of different people
- strong organisation, time management and problem solving skills
- proven ability to consistently achieve quality results
Please do not reply to this advert if you do not have a dog training qualification. We would prefer a trainer that has completed the National Dog Training Federation course or is on their way to completing the course.
Please email your CV with your full qualifications and experience to:
Whoopsy’s in Elwood Victoria are seeking an experienced dog groomer. The position will involve retail sales and Saturday work (on alternating weeks).
Please forward application and include your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org