Trade classifiedsAdvertisements by and for people in the Australian pet industry
Animal Attendant Team Leader – Beau’s Pet Hotel
Full time and Part time positions available
Values driven organisation, fun & supportive team environment
Adelaide Airport precinct location
Beau’s is a brand new state of the art Pet Hotel that offers a safe and loving holiday experience for pets. Upon opening our doors to the public on 28 August 2017, the profits from Beau’s Pet Hotel will be returned to Guide Dogs SA/NT to enhance the lives of people living with disability.
We are now seeking 2 x skilled and qualified Animal Attendant Team Leaders to supervise day to day operations and provide exceptional care to dogs, cats and a variety of small animals staying at Beau’s Pet Hotel. The 2 positions are as follows:
1 x Full time, Monday – Friday (weekday) Animal Attendant Team Leader
1 x Part time, Saturday – Sunday (weekend) Animal Attendant Team Leader
The responsibilities of the Animal Attendant Team Leader include;
- Providing supervision and support to Animal Attendants in day to day animal husbandry including cleaning, feeding, medicating and grooming
- Performing daily checks, reporting and other operational duties
- Managing and providing enrichment activities and specialised care to all pet guests
- Supervising Doggy Daycare
- Providing basic first aid to animals where required
- Providing high level communication to managers and team members
- Working as an integral member of the Beau’s team
- Delivering memorable customer service
It is important to us that our Animal Attendant Team Leaders have tertiary qualifications in companion animal care or equivalent, previous experience in a supervisory or leadership role and the flexibility to work across a 7 day rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays. Demonstrated animal handling skills in a kennel, cattery or shelter environment will also be highly regarded.
For a copy of the Position Description, visit the Guide Dogs SA/NT website, www.guidedogs.org.au.
Sydney’s Best Dog Grooming Parlour - 1st listing in 20 yrs For Sale
Low hours – 5 days a week – open 8am & walk out 5pm
4 weeks holiday a year + closed all public holidays & extended long weekends
Everything included (Website, computers, software, grooming equipment etc)
- Fully computerised contacts - Customer history going back 22 years
- Fully computerised bookings – At a glance know what each day looks like = optimal booking for profit
- Support staff for ease of transition
- Everything needed - in place here and now
- Website, multiple domains, email and other computer systems that are easy to self administer
- No real competitors
- Pick and choose which dogs to groom, which customers to serve (yes this is true)
- A Brand that customers trust and keep coming back to
Very few businesses offer a real opportunity to work normal hours, earn a fantastic living with true benefits as well as having holiday downtime that suits you without the fear of competitors.
Opportunities for the future to expand:
- Social networking presence
- Pet Sitting & walking
- Small retail area
I’ve owned the business for over 20 years. It has been an absolute joy to own with no stress, no boss yelling sales numbers at me, no team meetings to attend, no sales forecasts. I have worked to my own rhythm choosing to work when it suits me. Each year I take 3 to 4 weeks off at Christmas (as it suits my Husband’s job to when he can get off) and we travel to Europe. Then across the year we take a week off at Easter as well as every long weekend (often extended) plus more to enjoy life. Sure I could earn more money, but I like only working 5 days a week with the hours I set myself. This has been one of those rare businesses that comes up once in 2 lifetimes.
Why am I selling? In a nutshell, time to move overseas. If it wasn’t for that, I wouldn’t be selling. This would be my business until no more.
$55,000 not negotiable - Truly a “walk in, walk out” scenario - nothing is excluded, nothing for you to buy & Owner available for training on mutual terms.
- Turnover well over $200k + GST p.y.
- Very profitable for any owner operator
- Current staff happy to stay
- In present location for over 16 years
- Comprehensive client and financial records spanning 20+ years
Once sold it will never appear again for another 20+ years.
One of those things you don’t fully appreciate what you’ve got until you’ve got it.
DOGUE HQ IS RECRUITING!
Luxury dog grooming spa and retail boutique
DOGUE is bringing the finest in canine style and care to Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra through its eight gorgeous boutiques. Experience the DOGUE Difference: Confidence, Style, Fashion and Fun!
We are a dynamic, canine obsessed, small company with big dreams and keen to receive Expressions of Interest from passionate and skilled individuals that are excited to be part of DOGUE HQ in Sydney.
FRANCHISE OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
This is a critical role for the performance of our entire store network. Working closely with the Franchising and Brand Director, and the CEO, you must be ready and able to deliver the most superior and caring customer experience. Key duties that you will be involved in:
- Store operations and performance support.
- New store on-boarding support: training and store set-up
- Compliance and quality assurance monitoring and assessment
- POS systems implementation and operational support
- Franchisee and staff recruitment support
- Local area marketing.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in retail and/or service environment. Ideally pet industry experience.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to take responsibility and exercise sound judgement.
- High level attention to detail and ability to manage field operation and performance processes efficiently and effectively.
- Good working knowledge and confidence with POS and CRM systems, MS Excel and Word.
If you are eager to join this exciting team and be part of DOGUE’s national expansion agenda, we would love to hear from you. DOGUE offers ongoing training and development, and rewards motivated team members well!
Expression of Interest Submission Guidelines
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.