Qualified Senior Dog Trainer, FULL TIME @ Duffys Forest
- Are you skilled at interpreting and improving canine behaviour?
- Are you passionate in training dogs so they have a well socialised, obedient and enjoyable life?
- Do you love working with pet owners to educate them on how to manage their dogs?
Hanrob Pet Hotel Services include Dog Training Academies at each Australian location, offering pet owners with peace of mind in high quality dog training services where trainers provide dogs and their owners with a positive lifetime experience.
We are currently in search of an Experienced and Qualified Senior Dog Trainer at our Duffys Forest Pet Hotel, on the northern side of Sydney in a full time capacity.
We are committed to building a strong bond between owners and their dogs. Our methodology encompasses all facets of classical and operant conditioning techniques. Based on the latest research and being leaders in providing nationally recognised Companion Animal tertiary education, we continuously refine our programs to successfully alleviate the underlying causes of a dog’s undesirable behaviour and improve their quality of life.
Our dog training programs offer our customers:
- Industry Experts
- Personalised Training
- Success for Short and Long Term Goals
- Monitoring of the Training Plan; and
- Building a Relationship with both the pet and their owner.
About the Job
This role is responsible for the following:
- Behavioural modification for dogs in structured training programs;
- Managing and delivering quality outcomes for each of our training programs – Stay and Learn Programs, Home Dog Training, Group Classes and Individual one on one sessions;
- Educating dog owners to successfully maintain our training schedule to ensure ongoing success in the home environment;
- Responding to enquiries in support of the sales team to achieve revenue targets;
- Building and maintaining rapport with clients and dogs;
- Mentoring your colleagues in handling difficult dogs; and
- Undertaking animal welfare duties associated with the dog training academy.
You will need to be a results driven individual that can demonstrate prior success in the dog training industry and:
- Have 5 years experience as a professional dog trainer;
- Have the skill to implement training strategies based on proven animal behaviour methodologies for each dog;
- Be highly motivated by providing solutions, dog training skills/techniques with superior customer service to dog owners;
- Obtain skills to communicate to owners the benefit of training and secure the dog to participate in our training programs;
- Respond well to demands on your time and work effectively without direct supervisions;
- Be motivated by the opportunity to present your ideas and suggestions and are encouraged by the opportunity to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrate a positive attitude in spite of any challenging situations and have the ability to make objective decisions to achieve positive outcomes;
- Demonstrate clear and concise communication skills; and
- Have a current drivers licence.
- Cert IV Training and Assessment would be a bonus but not essential
If you are a qualified dog trainer with experience working with families and individuals we would love to hear from you! In your application, please
- Provide an example of a time when you exceeded client expectations when you rectified a behavioural problem with their dog.
- Confirmation of your ability to assess and train dogs in the areas of:
- Behaviour modification;
- Sociability with people and other dogs;
- Responding on command; and
- Agility training.
If the above resonates with you, please email your cover letter and resume to John McGann, Sydney Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org